Big game tonight. Or is it? You know what, I just want to win so I can enjoy the win. I'm at a place where I don't care about the football, just a win matters. Why? Because I believe the football will come. One day, it has to happen. It's like everything else, it happens eventually.
And that's just me getting old, but I'm in my third airport of the day and I just want to enjoy the weekend.
So, what else can I write? tell me what I'm missing and I'll do it for next time. Instead, this time I think what we have to do is wait for the team news and then the match and then we hope for the three points. Anything else is a bonus.
I gotta run. Flight takes off in 25 minutes and I'm still at the bar. Up the Villa.
Match facts from the BBC
- Aston Villa are unbeaten in their past 11 home league games against Sheffield United. They lost 2-0 to the Blades in the top flight in January 1966.
- Sheffield United have only won one of their seven away league games against Villa in the second tier.
- Villa have found the back of the net in each of their past 27 home league games, their longest scoring streak since a run of 33 which ended in December 1983.
- Sheffield United top scorer Billy Sharp has scored with six of his past 10 shots in the Championship.
- Villa top scorer Tammy Abraham has netted 12 goals in his past seven home Championship appearances for Villa.
- Blades striker David McGoldrick has been involved in seven goals (five goals, two assists) in his past six Championship starts.